Online Questionnaire and Interview Appointment Booking
To ensure compatibility and good user experience for completing the online questionnaire, it is recommended to use devices with more recent versions of commonly used Internet browsers (e.g. Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer). For mobile device operating systems, iOS 12, Android 9 or their newer versions are recommended.
Who can fill in online questionnaire?
All households issued with a notification letter can fill in online questionnaire. The online questionnaire account information is printed on the notification letter or on the paper questionnaire.
Teaching and promotional videos
Demo of Online Questionnaire
2021 Population Census : Provide Data for Hong Kong's Future (TV Announcement in the Public Interest)
2021 Population Census : Online questionnaire is convenient (Short video)
2021 Population Census : Face-to-face interviews as from 18 July (Short video)
2021 Population Census : Complete online questionnaire anytime and anywhere (Short video)
Frequently Asked Questions
How to ensure the security and confidentiality of information stored in the Online Questionnaire and Online Appointment System?
Data confidentiality is a major concern of the Census and Statistics Department in conducting statistical surveys. According to the provisions of the Census and Statistics Ordinance, it is an offence to disclose information pertaining to individual person or household to unauthorised persons. The following specific measures are adopted for the Online Questionnaire and Online Appointment System to safeguard the security and confidentiality of information:
- Password is required for account login to the Online Questionnaire and Online Appointment System;
- Information entered is encrypted using Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol during transmission over the Internet;
- Information submitted to the Online Questionnaire and Online Appointment System will be stored and processed in a government server;
- The Online Questionnaire and Online Appointment System complies with Government's information security requirements. Before production rollout, security risk assessment and audit as well as privacy impact assessment had been conducted by an independent auditor; and
- Access to information in the Online Questionnaire and Online Appointment System is restricted to authorised personnel only.
Do I need to provide any contact information to complete the online questionnaire?
You are required to provide your contact number to facilitate communications between you and Census and Statistics Department on matters related to the 2021 Population Census. If the phone number provided by you cannot receive SMS, you are also required to provide your email address. In case you have forgotten your system login password, the system will use this contact information to authenticate your identity and help you retrieve your password, with a view to protecting the security of your account data.
Where can I find the procedures of filling in and submitting my online questionnaire?
Please refer to the Usage Guide for Filling in Online Questionnaire on this website
Interview Appointment Booking
How to book a face-to-face interview appointment?
All households issued with a notification letter can book a face-to-face interview appointment.
Census officers of our department will visit the households that have not yet submitted the questionnaire to conduct interviews with individual members of the households from 18 July to 4 August 2021. Starting from 9:00 a.m. on 23 June 2021, households can book a face-to-face interview appointment online or call the Census Service Centre hotline at 18 2021.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I call the enquiry hotline to change or cancel appointment, or enquire details of appointment booking which was made online?
Yes. You can call the Census Service Centre hotline at 18 2021 to change or cancel, or enquire details of appointment booking. For change or cancellation, please make your request at least 1 day before the appointment date.